a rarely updated repository for an inner voice that will occasionally and fleetingly force itself from my conscience

Monday, May 7, 2007

Pepsi Summer Mix

I knew I should have know better. I knew about my assured impending dissapointment. There was only one nagging curiosity that I couldn't let pass me by- it has happened far too many times in my life already. The dillema I wanted to settle was the degree of how awful the soda would taste. Sure enough, once I got home and eagerly poured the gentle carbonated corn syrup over a few ice cubes, my suspicions of dissapointment were fully actualized, putting me into a content and dissastisfied state. As an alternative to buying Pepsi Summer Mix, another way to simulate it's taste would be to grind up some tropical Skittles and blend them thourougly with regular Pepsi.

On another note, something else that made me give into my temptation for trying this Pepsi was the "limited edition" note on the side of the bottle. Some might say I'm the fool for knowlingly handing over my money for a product that I knew I was going to be displeased with, but I think I was more warranted due to both my non-existent expectations and overwhelming curiosity. If anything, Pepsico and I are both winners in this interaction.

1 comment:

Matt Jensen said...

Let's make our own Pepsi Summer Mix with tropical skittles one of these afternoons.

the guy

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
I'm a registered nurse, working at Long Beach Memorial. I enjoy my job very much, though it can be very stressful and difficult at times. In my free time, I read, throw frisbees, and try to score goals for my roller hockey team. I read every piece of information available that pertains to the LA Kings, I rip movies to my hard drive to watch them later, and I love Xbox live. I recently bought a new bike that I pedal around all the time; if you're ever in Long Beach look for me. I love drinking coffee and beer, occasionally to the point of excess, but I make it a point to always have fun.