a rarely updated repository for an inner voice that will occasionally and fleetingly force itself from my conscience

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Que Sera

Ok, I have no idea what "que sera" means in spanish, so when i looked it up on google translate, it came back "that sera."

anyways, theres this like dance place/bar a few blocks from my house that i had heard about from my friends annie and tristan. the name of it is que sera, and apparantly, they play funk and r+b music every second friday of the month or something. i was skeptical, at first, and missed the first few opportunities due to school and such. tonight was the first night i was able to go, and it was pretty sweet. highly recommended. its a totally cool atmosphere and it doesn't matter if you suck at dancing. all the people there seemed relatively down to earth, and it wasn't all loud with hoochies and playas everywhere. also, as the night progressed, i slowly but surely worked my way over to the apple of my eye for the night. i found out her name was amber, and she was a large black girl. some of you in the audience may know about my particular propensity for overweight people in general, and when they also possess minority status, that really lights the fire in my oven. i was sooo dissapointed that her name was amber though, i really, really wanted it to be imani or kiki. regardless, this place is highly recommended and we gotta go next time.

5 comments:

tristan said...

hahah holy shit.

tristan said...

kiki

+ said...

que sera= what will be

Matt Jensen said...

HA HA...This is really funny.

Anonymous said...

"Que Sera" is French, which would explain why it didn't make sense in Spanish.

:)

Often it is said "que sera, sera." Which means "What happens, happens."

the guy

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
I'm a registered nurse, working at Long Beach Memorial. I enjoy my job very much, though it can be very stressful and difficult at times. In my free time, I read, throw frisbees, and try to score goals for my roller hockey team. I read every piece of information available that pertains to the LA Kings, I rip movies to my hard drive to watch them later, and I love Xbox live. I recently bought a new bike that I pedal around all the time; if you're ever in Long Beach look for me. I love drinking coffee and beer, occasionally to the point of excess, but I make it a point to always have fun.