a rarely updated repository for an inner voice that will occasionally and fleetingly force itself from my conscience

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chef BoyorTom

Hey! I love cooking. It's like a science lab experiment every time you do it. Tonight I made coq au vin and it turned out pretty OK. Actually I wasn't too disappointed. That could be due to the fact that my expectations were extremely low, but considering everything came out on nearly on time, the chicken wasn't undercooked, and I went the extra mile to make asparagus and bacon as a topping to the chicken, I'm pretty content with the result. The only complaint Greg had was that his dad wouldn't have overcooked the chicken. That brings up two points: a) I'm not a dad yet (at least to my knowledge), and therefore I should not be expected to cook chicken as a dad would, and b) That the chicken wasn't too overcooked in my opinion, although a little dry, I'm much more satisfied knowing I'm eating tender chicken rather than contracting Salmonella. Without a doubt that is a blatant cop out and excuse, but cooking is something I hope to get better at with time, so suck it.

1 comment:

Gregory A Ortega said...

i am your son.... there is no excuses now! woahahah

the guy

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
I'm a registered nurse, working at Long Beach Memorial. I enjoy my job very much, though it can be very stressful and difficult at times. In my free time, I read, throw frisbees, and try to score goals for my roller hockey team. I read every piece of information available that pertains to the LA Kings, I rip movies to my hard drive to watch them later, and I love Xbox live. I recently bought a new bike that I pedal around all the time; if you're ever in Long Beach look for me. I love drinking coffee and beer, occasionally to the point of excess, but I make it a point to always have fun.