a rarely updated repository for an inner voice that will occasionally and fleetingly force itself from my conscience

Friday, July 31, 2009

Divided!


Definitely a simple but unavoidable observation. Before, under the Bush presidency, there would be certain individuals from my news feed who would make posts declaring the errors of the policy making. Now, it seems with Obama, there is another, completely new group of individuals exclaiming the errors with policy. Personally, I'm more politically declined and apathetic, so I prefer to take a hands-off approach and observe from the outside; although I wouldn't mind sharing ideas over a pint or two, but I can't think of a more boring place to do it than at the solitary confinement of my desk. Note: this is in no way intended to be an insult to individuals who enjoy writing about political thoughts and issues, because the majority of the time I enjoy reading these ideas, particularly of people I know and associate with. What makes these posts interesting is when an idea is brought up and explained, with rationales for agreement or derision. So often, "half-ideas" I feel get posted that lack direction and it really doesn't serve to bring up any new or interesting viewpoints but rather only serve to advance one's ideological close-mindedness.

1 comment:

Gregory A Ortega said...

eh, didnt really read the post, but thanks for adding the picture!

the guy

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
I'm a registered nurse, working at Long Beach Memorial. I enjoy my job very much, though it can be very stressful and difficult at times. In my free time, I read, throw frisbees, and try to score goals for my roller hockey team. I read every piece of information available that pertains to the LA Kings, I rip movies to my hard drive to watch them later, and I love Xbox live. I recently bought a new bike that I pedal around all the time; if you're ever in Long Beach look for me. I love drinking coffee and beer, occasionally to the point of excess, but I make it a point to always have fun.