a rarely updated repository for an inner voice that will occasionally and fleetingly force itself from my conscience

Monday, July 13, 2009

Moleskin or Blogger

I like writing in my moleskin, I think it's a worthwhile endeavor to keep track of one's thoughts, interests, and observations over time. This is not an observation that has come about as the result of any private versus public journal debate, but rather as a compromise between my innate desire of privacy and curiosity for discussing issues that pertain to me and those I interact with. Jotting down ideas in my journal allows me the opportunity to be perfectly candid without the perhaps arrogant and self-important concerns of thinking my problems are different from anyone else's; though they are different, they're problems nonetheless, and would much rather talk about them with a cold pint in front of me rather than on the faceless internet which might distract from interaction rather than foster and encourage it. Either way, I do like blogging and journaling, but I think more often than not, I choose to spend time writing in the moleskin simply due to the fact that there is also something unique and valuable in having a record of one's thoughts that are completely original and not shared with anyone but the creator. I'd go even a step further and say that it's entirely possible that having the confidence of knowing the thoughts are not going to be shared perhaps make them a bit more authentic than if they were written in a medium that was destined to be shared with others. Hmm I just had another thought: I was going to end this with some sort of conclusion, but then I realized another great point of a journal is being able to rant at random without having to follow typical guidelines of formal writing, thus making a conclusion non-essential. And yet I seem to have found a suitable conclusion for an obscure topic written in the midst of opacity.

No comments:

the guy

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
I'm a registered nurse, working at Long Beach Memorial. I enjoy my job very much, though it can be very stressful and difficult at times. In my free time, I read, throw frisbees, and try to score goals for my roller hockey team. I read every piece of information available that pertains to the LA Kings, I rip movies to my hard drive to watch them later, and I love Xbox live. I recently bought a new bike that I pedal around all the time; if you're ever in Long Beach look for me. I love drinking coffee and beer, occasionally to the point of excess, but I make it a point to always have fun.